Morning rise salmon bowl
5 baby red potatoes, quartered
8 oz leftover or smoked salmon
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed and dried
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice
salt & pepper
2 fried eggs
1. Cook potatoes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss potatoes with melted butter, salt and pepper. Spread across baking sheet in a single layer. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, tossing them half way through to ensure even cooking.
2. Saute mushrooms. Heat saute pan over medium heat. Add one tablespoon butter. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes, until browned. Give them a quick stir and cook for another 2 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to a bowl.
3. Saute spinach. Return pan to heat. Add spinach leaves, lower heat to a simmer and cook until leaves have wilted. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
4. Whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice and paprika until thoroughly combined. Season with salt.
5. In a medium bowl, mix the sauce with the spinach, mushrooms, and potatoes.
6. Assemble the dish. Evenly divide potato mixture in two serving bowls. Top with 4 oz. leftover salmon and fried eggs. Enjoy!
OPTIONAL: Add a couple fried or soft boiled eggs to top for some healthy fats and added protein!
*Note that it is advised that members of vulnerable groups against eating raw or undercooked eggs.