This chocolate shake is one that I happily make for my little guy when he asks for his “shake.” It’s packed with some healthy fats and a boost of protein to support his growing body and mind. It’s a nice treat that you wouldn’t expect to call “healthy.” As you read the ingredient list, you’ll notice that I am pretty loose with my measurements. I hate to dirty utensils that I don’t necessarily have to! So I guesstimate! Feel free to play around with the measurements as you see fit.
Almond Butter Cup Shake
- 1-2 frozen bananas
- 2 Tbsp cacao*
- 1-2 scoops Perfect Supplements Collagen
- 2-3 heaping spoonfuls of almond butter (look for one free of any added sugar)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 scoop Hyperbiotics prebiotic powder, optional (to feed the microbiome, of course, optional)
- enough of your milk of choice (I prefer almond milk or coconut milk) to reach desired consistency. Usually about 2 cups or so, depending on how many bananas you used!
- Toss all ingredients into blender and mix until well blended! Add more almond milk until you reach the desired consistency!
Makes enough for 2 shakes